Tuesday, July 6, 2010
There is usually a free gift (magnet or something). Generally speaking these are fun events if you have nothing else to do and you want to get a little air conditioning time with out actually shopping.
All Thomas & Friends Mega Bloks will be on sale B1G1 Free. Sign up for Toys R Us emails to be notified of future events such as this (and to print the B1G1 coupon). Call your local TRU to make sure they are hosting the event before you go. I know that the Niagara Falls Boulevard location always hosts these.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Get out there and see some fireworks this year!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Also remember that tomorrow is the Opening day for all splash pads and pools in the City of Buffalo. I happen to know from getting out there that the Williamsville pools are already open and so are the Cheektowaga pools.
Happy swimming in The Buff... just remember to wear a swimming suit!
If you have additional information about what you town/village/city offers this summer leave me a comment and let us all know.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Since today is the official first day of summer I thought this post would be appropriate!
Buffalo is a great place to be in the summer. There are tons of activities that are sponsored locally by the city/town/village and there are also the activities that are sponsored nationally. With this list you won't be able to say there is nothing to do this summer. At the bottom you’ll find an additional resources list that will help you further plan your calendar with festivals and such.
**You don't HAVE to park in the Art Park parking lot. Pick a spot that is free and just walk from there.
• Regal Cinemas has a Free Family Film Festival where they offer FREE family movies every Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 10AM. This is 19th year offering this fabulous summer activity. The movies are G and PG rated. The theatres for the Buffalo area are: TH201 Walden Galleria Stadium 16 in Buffalo, Niagara Falls Stadium 12 in Niagara Falls,Quaker Cr. Stadium 18 in Orchard Park, and Transit Center Stadium 18 & IMAX in Williamsville. See full details of this great event and all theatres participating at RegMovies.com. Starts 6/29 and ends 8/25.
• AMF Bowling Lanes has 2 great offers.
1) The Kids Bowl Free program is a great way to spend your time this summer. Your kids, 15 and under, can bowl 2 games EVERY DAY for FREE (shoe rental is NOT included) from May 24th to September 19th. All you have to do is go to the www.KidsBowlFree.com and register your children. There is an additional pass you can purchase for $25 that will allow up to 4 adults the same offer. There are several participating locations in our area. Maybe the Thrift store has some bowling shoes??!!
• Thursday at the Square has a free concert series. Info for this can be found at www.BuffaloPlace.com.
• Niagara Power Project has an admission-free visitors center featuring state-of-the-art exhibits and a full calendar of events. Visit www.nypa.gov for more information.
• Gusto at the Gallery Family Nights are open every Friday all year long. Every Friday from 3pm until close there is no admission fee. There are workshops, performances and more. We’ve done this with our kids and they love it! As an extra bonus, have some art time a day before and a day after and talk about the art museum and what it is. You’ll be surprised at how much your kids will enjoy this event.. Everything is free except parking. ENJOY! Visit www.AlbrightKnox.org for more information.
• Shakespeare in Delaware Park. Delaware Park, behind the rose garden. Tuesdays-Sundays through July 11th. 7:30pm. FREE event. Visit www.shakespeareindelawarepark.org for more information.
• Movies in the Park presented by East Aurora Wesleyan Church, East Aurora. FREE family friendly movies every Friday in July & August at dusk in Hamlin Park Bandstand, Oakwood Ave. (some say it’s easier to get to on Prospect), East Aurora. For more info call 716-652-0392 or email email@example.com
• Home Depot has many different FREE clinics for all adults, just women and just kids. For information on the kid's clinics visit HERE.
• Lowes also has free Build & Grow Clinics for kids. On Saturday 6/26 you and your child can sign up to build a Monster Truck! Find more information at their website: www.lowesbuildandgrow.com/hom.aspx
• Toys R Us frequently has FREE kid events with freebies for you kids to take home. Last Saturday they had a Lego building contest with prizes and giveaways! Sign up for their email updates to find out about them, you can sign up at www.ToysRUs.com. From my experience they do not advertise them on their websites so it’s only through emails to their customers.
• Birthday Freebies! There are lots of Birthday Freebies out there from free ice cream to free dinners and more. You can find a huge list of Birthday Freebies to sign up for in my Birthday Fun post.
• Rainy Day Plans! You never know when you need a good rainy day back up plan… and you still want/need to get out of the house. There’s a great blog post written about the locations in our area that you can depend on to brighten those rainy day/winter blues check it out HERE.
• Water Fun! Pools and Splash Pads in the area are set to open July 1st. There are lots of places to go and get wet for free in the area too. Garrison Park in Williamsville has a nice 18” wading pool. Island Park in Williamsville has a 2’ wading pool. For a full list of indoor pools, outdoor pools and splash pad locations visit the City of Buffalo's website.
• Free lunch for the kids! At many local parks the City is providing free weekday lunches to our kids from 11am – 1pm on a first-come, first-served basis. These are the locations that I am aware of in the city: Cazenovia Park, 129 Cazenovia Street; Delaware Park, Rose Garden; Hennepin Park, 24 Ludington Street; MLK Park, Fillmore and MLK Parkway; Public School #3, 255 Porter Avenue; Public School #18, 118 Hampshire Street; Riverside Park, 50 Crowley Street; Shoshone Park, Pool House area; Waterfront School, 94 Fourth Street.
• The Buffalo News, you can find a list of local happenings at: http://events.buffalonews.com/events/search/?category=Family
• WGRZ Channel 2 always has a good list of things to do on their website, What 2 Do.
• Planning a trip out of town? Check out Western New York Family Magazines sister magazines at www.parentingpublications.org, you never know … they might have activities you won’t want to miss!
• For a complete list of Summer Concerts and Festivals visit: Best of WNY.
• Buffalo Moms Like Me has a pretty comprehensive Summer 411 list.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Since the release of SwagBucks 3.0 they have steadily been adding more ways that you/we/I can earn 'bucks'. Since my last posts about SwagBucks do not include these ways I thought it was time for a little update. In just the short few months since the release I have earned more than $100 in Amazon e-gift cards. This site REALLY DOES WORK!
First off, you gotta sign up for SwagBucks
* You already know about the Tool Bar daily bucks from my previous posts.
* I also wrote about No Obligation Special Offers daily bucks.
*Another one I wrote about previously is Daily Tasks located on the Special Offers page Wall 1.
* I also wrote about the commercials you can see on the different Special Offer Walls. You should know that there is an additional Special Offer Wall that is not located under the Special Offers Tab. There is a yellow bar area towards the bottom of the SwagBucks home page. This offer wall has the most possible daily commercial bucks. All you have to do is click on the little commercial offers (currently Scion, Best Buy, Bing... etc for 3 bucks each ... and KIN for 2).
Some new things:
*Daily Polls! Each day they have a new poll up for you to vote on. Each day that you vote you will receive buck(s). You can access the Daily Polls from the 'Daily Polls' tab on the right side of the Swagbucks homepage.
*Trusted Surveys! They just added this feature this week and I LOVE IT! Each day that you go to your Trusted Surveys Dashboard (also located on the right hand side of the home page), you will receive bucks. You can also see all the Surveys available for you to take. If you qualify for and complete the surveys you will earn the stated bucks for that survey. I earned 250 for 1 survey earlier this week and it only took me 15 mins to complete!
*Birthday Bucks! Enter your birthday on your profile page (My Account, I think) and on your birthday you will receive 50 swag bucks! NICE huh?
*Finally, and this is the main area that you will earn bucks each and every day... SEARCHING! Do all your searches on SwagBucks and you WILL be rewarded. It won't be every search but you will see them stack up each day. Instead of going straight to Facebook each day I up my chances by typing in 'Facebook' in the SwagBucks search engine. I've won bucks several times on this search! I do the same for all my daily sites (email, forums, websites, etc.) every search you do gets you closer to earning rewards.
If you haven't signed up yet do it now ... I promise you won't be sorry! Use my link to sign up and we will both get rewarded! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/srvymaster
Happy searching, surfing and swagging!
Thursday, June 3, 2010
I haven't checked but hopefully they are still accepting coupons too!!! I see lots of free items that could be picked up with this winning combination. Jubilee does not double and does not accept internet or printed coupons.
Good luck and happy pantry stocking up!
Link to local news report: http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/93584684.html
As of today they still had their doors open and the 50% signs still up.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Thank to you to everyone that entered!
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Make a splash and celebrate the release of Barbie in A Mermaid Tale with coloring fun and great activities!
A favorite rite of childhood is that first ride on an old fashioned carousel. The Buffalo area is home to the only carousel museum in the world housed in an authentic, original carousel factory building with an operating 1916 carousel as well as a vintage 1940s "Kiddie Carousel." ~from WrightNowInBuffalo.com
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
- Make sure you are using SwagBucks as your search engine. I earn between 10 and 30 bucks each day just by searching the web. I find that the more 'natural/real' my searches are the higher my rate of return is. For instance, if I get on periodically through out the day and search for things I'm genuinely interested in searching (even searching for sites I'm about to visit like Facebook) that I earn more per day than if I just search to get bucks. Know what I mean? Let's be really conservative and say you only win 10 bucks a day on searches (one win per day) that's 3650 bucks a year!
- Use Your Toolbar! If you haven't downloaded the tool bar... DO IT! Each day you use the toolbar you will be rewarded with 1 buck. I know that sounds like pennies when you have to earn 450 bucks just to redeem for a $5 Amazon card ... but let's look at this. You can do it every day so if you did it EVERY DAY than you would earn 365 bucks in 1 year... that's almost enough for a $5 Amazon gift card JUST for using a toolbar once a day! Combine that with all the other things you're doing to earn and it certainly helps you along.
- Page through the Special Offers Blue Box every day! Before the birthday you could only page through the blue box once a week and the max you could get was 1 buck a week (now equivalent to 10bucks). Now you can page through it every day and the amount can be 2 bucks, or 3 bucks, or more. The amount is usually the same all week long. This week it's 2 bucks. Again, sounds like pennies BUT if you do it everyday that's 730 bucks a year... combine it with your toolbar bucks... your coming along now.
- Watch some videos! On the Special Offers page go to Wall 2 and you will see a few videos. Right now there are 3 different videos on my Wall 2. There is a Karate Kid trailer that is worth 2 bucks, it's about 2 1/2 mins long. There is an Axe commercial that is 17 seconds long worth 4 bucks. Finally on page 4 (still on Wall 2) there is a Macy's video, also 17 seconds and worth 4 bucks. You can watch each video once a day. Right now that's 10 bucks a day if I watch them all each day. That would work out to 3650 if you watch the videos each day for a year.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Last month I redeemed for $20 in Amazon gift cards (well, e-gift cards but the same since Amazon is only online) and I'm just a beginner! It's super simple and easy. SwagBucks is a 'Search & Win' site that is powered by Google and Ask.com. Basically you use it to search the web - can it get any easier than that? As you search you will randomly win "swagbucks" which you can redeem for giftcards, and/or swag (many, many items). They have a toolbar you can download for Internet Explorer and for FireFox that will allow you to do your searches very quickly and easily with out going to their home page. If you use Google Chrome you can change your settings to use SwagBucks as your search engine.
There are other ways to earn 'bucks' as well, one is through codes, another through daily tasks, special offers and online shopping and finally through referrals. I'll be telling you more about these other ways in the next few days so stay tuned....
Monday, February 22, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Next week we'll celebrate National Pancake Day. Wonder what it is and how you can get some? Let me tell you...
IHOP (that's International House of Pancakes for those of you that aren't too familiar with late night pancake eating), started their National Pancake Day in 2006. Here's their details:
Known also as Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras, National Pancake Day dates back several centuries to when the English prepped for fasting during Lent. Strict rules prohibited the eating of all dairy products during Lent, so pancakes were made to use up the supply of eggs, milk, butter and other dairy products...hence the name Pancake Tuesday or Shrove Tuesday.
Since beginning its National Pancake Day celebration in 2006, IHOP has raised more than $3.25 million to support charities in the communities in which it operates. While IHOP's National Pancake Day typically takes place on Shrove Tuesday, this year the company will host its free pancake event on Tuesday, February 23, extending the fundraising window by one week to maximize donations for Children's Miracle Network. With your help, we hope to raise $5 million in five years for Children's Miracle Network through your donations in 2010!
Basically, on Tuesday, February 23rd you can go on down to your local IHOP and get a short stack of pancakes for FREE. They would like it if you made a donation to Children's Miricale Network but it's not required. So mark your calendars, Tuesday February 23rd from 7am to 10pm
Get out there and get some free pancakes, and donate to a great cause, in The Buff!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Birthdays are a great day to get free stuff and save a buck in The Buff. There are lots of companies that offer free stuff for you birthday and if you plan it right you can get all your entertainment and food for free on you birthday. Free stuff is usually limited to the person celebrating the birthday so if you plan on bringing a person with you or the family just know that you WILL have to spend some money.
A lot of the websites/companies that offer free items on your birthday will allow you to sign up your whole family with just 1 (your) account. It makes it so much easier!
*word to the wise - create a separate email account for free offers, you will get lots of emails from lots of companies after signing up for birthday clubs and free samples because they usually sell your information!
Here are some birthday clubs I've found.
**NEW**Baskin-Robbins (free ice cream)
**NEW**Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Shop (free ice cream treat)
**NEW**Cold Stone Creamery (coupon for free ice cream, good for 1 week)
**NEW**Dairy Queen (coupon for BOGO 16oz Blizzard)
**NEW**Famous Dave's P.I.G Club (free food coupon - could appetizer, dessert or even ribs!)
**NEW**Fuddruckers Fudds Club (free burger - all ages)
**NEW**Red Robbin (free burger)
For Kids Only:
The Children's Place
AdventureLanding - Buffalo
Chuck E. Cheese's
**NEW**Boston Market Kids Birthday Club (free kids meal)
**NEW**Bob Evans Kid's Club (12 and under - free meal)
**NEW**Burger King Kid's Club (under 13 - free kid's meal)
**NEW**Denny's Kids' Birthday Club (10 and under, free meal including dessert)
Last but not least, don't forget to take your baby to the circus before they turn 1!
So get out there and save a buck in The Buff on your birthday!
Here are a few websites I've found that help you find all the free stuff there is to be had and all the birthday clubs you can join:
bargainist.com - no sign up or personal information required
heyitsfree.net - no sign up or personal information required
totallyfreestuff.com - no sign up or personal information required
great-birthday-gift-ideas.com - no sign up or personal information required
spoofee.com - no sign up or personal information required
bithdayfreebies.com - sign up required but there is no charge for it